I view teaching as a collaborative process of creating and sustaining an environment in which learning takes place. I do this by recognizing the skills and understandings we all bring to the learning context; fostering an evolving sense of critical humanism; and providing ample room for reflection. I am trained in and work from an outcomes-based model of education.
I currently teach five courses on a regular and rotating basis. You can visit the most recent website for each by clicking on the titles below.
• • • • •
• HIST 17 CH: Intro to Chicanx/Latinx History
• HIST 25 CH: All Power to the People!
• HIST 127 CH: American Inequality
• HIST 101S CH: Latinx Oral Histories
• CHST 125 CH: Latinas/os in the 20th Century